Premium and Convenient Jute-Cotton Tote Bag with Canvas Pocket
- $24.99 $59.99
- Brand: Maks
- Availability: In Stock
- Made from 100% supper soft high density natural Golden Jute Fiber harvested in Bangladesh with twill-cotton lining
- Size W16"x H11"x D5" with 11" handle
- Two inside pockets. One with Zipper (L8"X H6") and another for smart phone with Velcro closure. The large outside front pocket has Velcro closure with dimension W16" by H8"
- The bag also has two jute-strip-weaved-pockets, one in each side to carry water bottle, magazine or umbrella
- The bag opening has magnetic snap button for easy and safe storage of personnel items
This is an unique but attractive and practical shoulder tote bag being produced in Bangladesh under MaksActiveWear social business program, a concept first pioneered by Nobel Laureate (2006 for Peace) Dr. Yunus. The tote bag is made of natural golden jute fiber (100% biodegradable and recyclable) harvested in Bangladesh and has matching color twill-cotton lining. The bag has two side-jute-strip-weaved pockets to carry water bottle, magazine or umbrella. Inside there are two pockets. One of the pocket is 8"X6" zip-pocket and another pocket to hold large smart-phone. The outer front pocket is 16"X8" with Velcro closure and perfect for your iPad or personnel items. The inside dimension of the tote bag is 16X11X5 inches with plenty of room. Jute is a rain-fed crop (the young leaves are also edible) that doesn't need much in the way of fertilizer or pesticides. Production is concentrated around the Ganges delta region of Bangladesh and India where the warm, wet climate during the monsoon season provides ideal growing conditions. It takes between four and six months for the plants reach a height of around 12 feet (3.5m) when they are harvested. The harvested stems are then tied together and soaked in water to soften before being stripped of their fibers. The thread created from jute is quite strong and has exceptional insulating properties, low thermal conductivity, and antistatic characteristics.