Two-Tone Leather Handles Organic Cotton-Jute Tote Bags with Coin Pouch
- Brand: MaksActivewear
- Availability: In Stock
- Made from 100% Natural Golden Jute Fiber Harvested in Bangladesh with twill-cotton lining
- Size W18"x H14"x D6" with two inside pockets. One of the inside pockets has zipper closure (W8"XD7"). Other pocket size is W12" X 7")
- The included detachable zipper coin pouch has a dimension of W7.5"XH4.5")
- 7" cotton lace lather handle with fold over leather button hole closure
- The front bottom-left corner has a leather logo accent.
- Color matched twill-cotton lining
The stylish jute everyday use casual but attractive and practical tote bag being produced in Bangladesh under MaksActiveWear social business program, a concept first pioneered by Nobel Laureate (2006 for Peace) Dr. Yunus. The bag is made of natural golden jute fiber (100% biodegradable and recyclable) harvested in Bangladesh and has twill-cotton lining. The bag has two inside pockets. One with zipper (W8"by D6") and another with Velcro closure perfect for large smart phone. The bag also comes with one detachable zipper coin pouch. Jute is a rain-fed crop (the young leaves are also edible) that doesn't need much in the way of fertilizer or pesticides. Production is concentrated around the Ganges delta region of Bangladesh and India where the warm, wet climate during the monsoon season provides ideal growing conditions. It takes between four and six months for the plants reach a height of around 12 feet (3.5m) when they are harvested. The harvested stems are then tied together and soaked in water to soften before being stripped of their fibers. The thread created from jute is quite strong and has exceptional insulating properties, low thermal conductivity, and antistatic characteristics.